Distribution – Longsville Park, Clarendon
The Inventory Manager will be responsible for providing critical guidance to a dynamic team islandwide, ensuring the keen management and handling of warehousing functions across the Group.
In order to manage the various locations, some of the key duties include:
- Leading a team of warehouse employees, including training requirements, performance management and the like.
- Maintaining strict control over Group-wide inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Planning warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss, damage or spoilage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- Taking into account full implications of freight turnover, size, weight, and other factors when allocating warehouse space.
- Creating and managing an annual budget or capital investment plan for warehousing functions for the Group.
- Conducting periodic spot-checks of inventory levels, supplies, or equipment.
- Identifying discrepancies between inventory records and taking action.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong team leadership and team building skills
- A First Degree with a focus on manufacturing, warehousing, supply chain management, inventory control or materials management
- A minimum of five years of direct work experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Food financial and business awareness
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills