Will conduct onsite classroom training to employees of the contact center. Trainers are responsible for creating new training material as needed, administering weekly training classes for new hires or retraining for existing hires utilizing established training curriculum, completing daily reports on classes and assist in the transition from training classroom to operations. This position requires someone experienced in sales specifically in a call center environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibility
- Presents established and effective training methods, techniques, and ideas and coaches trainees.
- Presents established and effective product training of all products expected to be sold to customers
- Presents established and effective compliance training regarding CPNI, CLOR and DNC regulations, Company policy regarding slamming, cramming and falsification of sales.
- Administers and proctors Mastery test for all campaigns trained.
- Trains and administers Internet access information and test for all applicable campaigns.
- Maintains all relevant records regarding the performance of trainees.
- Reports on progress of trainees and personnel under guidance during the training period.
- Assists in developing new training courses associated with the introduction of new products, services, and skills.
- Assists in supervision and coaching of new or existing team members on the Sales Floor as needed, and in the event that there are no training classes, acts as an Assistant Sales Coach on a campaign assigned as needed.
- Ability to monitor calls and give constructive feedback based on the quality of the call.
- Maintains administrative records regarding training attendance records, current campaign and product information, work status report and compliance records.
- In conjunction with training leader, issues written and oral warnings and or reprimands to team members for offenses as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Studies and develops skill in the use of better teaching and training methods.
- Maintains database of billable hours worked for all agents in training, both ongoing and initial.
- Build strong relationships with Sales Coaches and team members.
- Be open and responsive to consistent coaching, take an active role in performance planning and goal setting.
Directly supervises 1 to 40 team members in the Training class. Responsibilities include training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Sales campaign products, features, and benefits; Computer programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook; Training and sales techniques, Company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook; applicable campaign computer programs and procedures.
Train, supervise and evaluate class performance; evaluate trainee understanding and re-teach as necessary; Multi-task; Provide constructive feedback for the development of trainees and personnel; Establish and maintain an effective relationship with peers across departments.
Education And/Or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires at least 1 year of experience teaching new hire classes in a call center environment.