We are seeking to identify an Actuarial Analyst to join Corporate Actuarial Services in the Pension Services Department.
Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify an Actuarial Analyst to join the Corporate Actuarial Services department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to the Actuary, Corporate Actuarial in her areas of responsibility as required;
- Assist with monthly valuations of policy liabilities;
- Determine Individual Life policy values and reserves as requested by various internal departments;
- Liaise where necessary with Information Systems regarding software issues and communicate results to the originating department;
- Calculate the cost or increases in the cost of annuity purchases;
- Prepare formulae for Individual Life product illustrations;
- Update unit prices on the Individual Life Administration Systems;
- Duties in support of other actuarial functions of the company as required.
The successful candidate will have the following academic qualifications, specialized skills, and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Statistics, or equivalent qualifications, from a recognized tertiary institution
- Actuarial Examination passes in at least two (2) subjects
- Business courses in Finance, Economics, or Accounting are desirable
- 2 to 3 years work experience in the life insurance industry
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of computer software packages, particularly spreadsheet software (Excel) and word processing software
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good human relations/interpersonal skills
Should this position be of interest to you, please submit a resume and cover letter via the online career portal on our website by Wednesday, August 29, 2018.