A reputable media house seeks a News Editor to ensure that all stories are current, correct and of interest and will primarily oversee the production and presentation of local and international stories. The editor is expected to be very familiar with new and recurring news, sports and entertainment events and industry activities. Additionally, the Editor is responsible for delegation of weekly and daily assignments implementing checks and balances to ensure efficiency and objectivity.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervising team
- Developing news items/stories
- Directing content of stories and when they are aired
- Proof reading and verification
- Monitoring sources
- Arranging accreditation
- Attending meetings/ Conferences
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Journalism or related field
- 5 years of experience in a newsroom
- Good reading voice
- Superior communication skills
- Excellent time management and fact-checking skills.
Send your application to email@example.com on or before August 29, 2018.