Responsible for developing and implementing recruiting strategies for all positions in a call center. This includes partnering with site leaders and workforce/scheduling teams to proactively determine recruiting needs for non-exempt and/or exempt positions while managing costs within site or departmental budget. Demonstrates the ability to train others on Recruiting systems workflow, and Recruiting SOP’s; recommends and implements new processes for sourcing and assessing candidates and partnering with outside entities to drive quality applicants for all positions. Talent Acquisition Specialists are responsible for local branding and marketing of STARTEK in the local community working with the Marketing Department…
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- 60% – Performs day-to-day call center recruitment processes for nonexempt and/or exempt hires. Duties include but are not limited to: posting jobs on Taleo/Company recruiting management system; ensuring jobs are posted on appropriate job boards; ensuring Facebook and other social media tools are utilized; screening applications/resumes; and facilitating onsite testing/onsite interviews. Talent Acquisition Specialists present qualified applicants to hiring managers for interviews; make job offers in alignment with company policies and pay guidelines; review post-offer information (background, drug screening) and make final hiring decisions. Talent Acquisition Specialists update applicant status in Taleo/Recruiting Management System. Talent Acquisition Specialists notify all candidates of hiring results including the handling of rejection communications. May involve coaching and training others on recruiting processes and systems; ensures the site is in compliance with STARTEK hiring policies and that recruiting practices are in compliance with Federal or State guidelines.
- 10% – Strategy: Works with Talent Acquisition Manager or Supervisor to develop a recruiting strategy to meet or exceed call center hiring needs. Duties include partnering with site leaders to develop hiring forecasts and ensuring recruiting processes meet the needs. Proactively develop and implement hiring solutions to reduce attrition.
- 10% – Act as liaison with recruiting vendors, area employment agencies and community groups.
- 10% – Reporting: Develops and implements weekly (or daily) recruiting reports to track recruiting results.
- 5% – May handle escalated issues and challenges from candidates who have been disqualified for any reason, working with HR Generalist or Talent Acquisition Manager to investigate issues of dishonesty during the application process.
- 5% – May perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or required.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- This is a general office environment position but based on role, supervisor discretion may work remote and/or offsite to focus on applicant flow and screening activities
- The employee has limited walking requirements.
- Answers telephone calls, uses personal computer and other business machines extensively, which requires the ability to apply finger dexterity. Individual bends reaches, pushes and pulls file drawers to file records and reports.
Equipment Used: Personal computers/video display terminal (including mouse, external hard drives, etc.), printers, scanners, copiers, facsimile, telephones and other commonly used office accessories/equipment. Equipment may require set-up, adjustments or other procedures in order to maintain or meet company requirements.
Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Physical Activities: Talking – Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly or quickly. Hearing – Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound. Repetitive Motions – Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers.
Visual Acuity: The incumbent is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Related Work Experience: Two to five (2-5) years recruiting and sourcing experience in a high volume recruiting environment.
Education and/or formal training:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience or background
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
KSAs Common to All JDs:
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Able to multi-task, have demonstrated organizational, detail orientation, prioritization skills and time management skills to ensure that work-related activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, high demand and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data and information.
- Solid communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff and/or outside contacts.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner.
- Effective listening skills to ensure understanding of instructions and directions and effectively communicate progress and problems to co-workers and management.
- Familiarity a variety of office equipment, standard software packages and application and use of personal computers to include the Microsoft Office suite of products.
KSAs Project Management related positions
- Demonstrated effective project management, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Ability to proactively and continually collaborate with clients and colleagues to ensure needed business outcomes.
KSAs Analytical related positions:
- Demonstrated analytical aptitude to identify opportunities for change, identify alternative best practice solutions and anticipate future problems and opportunities.
- Demonstrated problem identification and problem resolution skills used to effectively determine and implement alternative solutions and bring issues to a positive resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to apply assessment measurement and evaluation techniques to ensure processes, systems and applications meet business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems; gleans meaning from whatever date is available; is a quick study of the new and different; adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusion and solution, given the situation; used multiple problem-solving tools and techniques.
KSAs Job Specific:
- Ability to understand the Company’s organizational structure and business needs in order to develop employment processes to support business needs.
- Have extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Strong persuasion and influencing skills in order to relate the benefits if employment at STARTEK to the needs and interests of individuals.
- Strong knowledge of recruiting/sourcing processes, procedures, organization and tools.
- Knowledge of behavioural interview techniques.
Other position Considerations:
- Travel may be required to attend work related meetings and training sessions.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule that provides needed coverage for customer service levels and/or time-sensitive projects. Incumbent must be able to support operations which are opened weekends and evenings. All employees must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, holidays and emergency shifts as required.
- Able to maintain a regular work schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Required to read and follow all company policies and procedures.
- Support and model the company values.