THE UNIVERSITY HEALTH CENTRE
The University Health Centre provides primary care to a clientele of approximately 30,000 per annum, with the responsibility of providing first class medical care. The Director will be charged to foster and create a supportive work environment in which the personal, professional and career development of each of its employees is enhanced to the benefit of the entire community. The Director, Clinical Services, will have overall responsibility for University Health Services with a view to producing the best possible medical care for the University Community at Mona. The Clinical Director will lead the Clinical and Administrative team and is expected to work in close collaboration and consultation with the Principal and the Dean of Medical Sciences.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing the strategic leadership and direction of the University Health Centre, and have inter alia responsibility for:
• Clinical – Management of the Administration of clinical care for students, staff and their families. Where necessary, the Director will also provide clinical care and advice to visitors of the Health Centre.
• Leadership – by developing a vision and strategic plan for the University Health Centre. Additionally, he/she will identify, assess, and inform of internal and external issues that affect the Health Centre.
• Operational planning and management – crafting and developing an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the Health Centre. She/he will also ensure that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its clients. She/he will oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the Health Centre
• Human resources planning and management – determine staffing requirements for organizational management and service delivery. Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices including the development of job descriptions for all staff. Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance.
Applicants are required to submit a resume giving full particulars of qualifications, experience, the names and addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) and copies of academic qualifications.
The University thanks all applicants. However, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
• A Clinical Degree is required, preferably, the successful candidate should also be a qualified Medical Doctor
• Degree in Health Management would be an asset.
• At least five years’ experience in a senior management position in a college or university health center or a multidisciplinary ambulatory clinic with a full scope of services.
• Demonstrated understanding of the unique nature of college health within the larger current and emerging healthcare and higher education landscape.
• Demonstrated understanding of population-based, public health initiatives on a college or university campus.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply current ethical, legal and clinical standards relevant to college health.
• Demonstrated experience using evaluation and data to inform student-centered and/or patient-centered decision-making.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully work with a diverse community and work from a non-judgmental perspective.
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
• Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Deadline: November 30, 2018