Primary objective of the job:
Digicel is in the middle of a Digital Transformation to become a Digital operator and the digital products play a critical role in this transformation as they are the enablers through which Digicel can offer content and a real digital experience to all customers
The Digital Products Director is responsible for the mobile apps strategy of Digicel and the development of new digital products (e.g. wi-fi advertising solutions)
The portfolio of apps managed by the Digital Products Director include self-care, video, music and news
The responsibility include for example developing the roadmap, working with the partner to ensure we have the best content, manage the KPIs, support the markets for their GTM activities etc.
A key part of the role is also to establish partnership with international OTT companies such as Facebook, Netflix but also with smaller companies that are active in specific sectors like AI, Digital Analytics etc.
The Digital Products Director is also responsible to drive the Company’s Digital Transformation project in collaboration with the IT department to move Digicel from being a Telco to become a Digital and Entertainment company
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Define the strategy and the roadmap for all Digital Products
Ensure the digital products provide customers with a great customer experience
Constant monitoring of the critical KPIs that measure the success of the products including for example Monthly Active Users, Penetration, Usage, Revenues etc.
Agree together with the Leadership team targets for each of the products per country and support the markets to ensure they reach their targets with the support of the central team
Regular presentations to the Senior Leadership Teams and to the Board on the performance of the Digital products and on the strategy
Work with the markets, Group Commercial and the Digital Marketing Team to define and launch GTM initiatives to deliver the agreed targets
Work together with the content team and content providers or partners to define and implement the digital content strategy
Scout potential partners for new digital initiatives (e.g. Netflix), negotiate the deal and drive the end-to-end implementation
Deliver cross-sell and engagement strategies using push notifications, in-app messages, digital marketing etc. to drive adoption of the apps and increase retention
Manage the delivery of new digital initiatives (e.g. sponsored data, Wi-Fi hot-spots) with the support of the other stakeholders (e.g. technology, IT etc.)
Provide support to Group and Markets’ Commercial teams and, where required, educate them to support the transformation of the commercial strategy from pure telco to digital and entertainment
QUALIFICATIONS, Including but not limited to the following:
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Economics, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of industry experience, 5 of which are working in Product Management, Digital
- Marketing, E-Commerce or similar role in a Head of position
- Experience and ability in planning new digital products and services, from business case to product launch
- Proven track record of scoping, launching and managing commercially successful digital products or partnerships.
- Knowledgeable of product discovery and development best practices, as well as qualitative and quantitative evaluative methods, including a high degree of comfort with data analysis.
- Expert in working with Agile product development and delivery teams
- Experience with content partners (video, music and digital)
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and must be self-managed, able to drive others, and be a positive influence.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills including the ability to articulate progress, issues and recommendations in a concise manner.
- Handles challenges well, and is able to work in a high pressure environment and deliver results to tight deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Superb attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (including ability to present to a senior audience like a Board)
- Work well in cross-functional teams.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
Qualitative skills required:
Strategic Influencing and thinking – ability to navigate complex political environments, managing multiple stakeholders and have ability to gain buy in to the vision for the greater good of the organization and its customers.
Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work as well as the output of the teams to ensure quality in the final product.
Leadership – the individual must lead a team made of expats and locals distributed across different countries so she/he must have the ability of showing them the end goal, driving them towards the objective and coaching them at the same time
Technical skills beneficial for the role:
- Software Product Management methodology
- Managing software development life-cycles.
- Familiarity with cloud computing and technology stacks
- User Interaction Design/UX
- Product Requirements Specifications and Road-mapping
- Knowledge of Digital analytics tools (e.g. google analytics)
- Knowledge of main digital advertising platforms
- Experience with mobile engagement platforms