This job is primarily concerned with the effective supervision of all functions and activities in the department so that the sales and profit targets for the department can be achieved. The Produce Supervisor has overall responsibility for the monitoring and ordering and proper storage of all produce for the store and the supervision of all persons in that department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that fresh produce are placed on shelves each morning and that all stale and spoilt ones are removed
- Maintain established health and sanitary conditions in line with public health standards and those set by the organization
- Prepare work schedule for all department employees to ensure that no department is left unmanned or inadequately manned
- Monitor inventory of stock and prepare orders in a timely manner
- Submit monthly reports to your supervisor re: the operations of the Produce Department
- Train and monitor the employees in the department as it relates to the proper use of all equipment.
- Qualifications and Experience
- 5 CXC’s Subjects ( including Mathematics and English)
- Heart NVQJ certificate in Food Technology or from another recognized institution
- 2-3 years experience in a similar capacity
- Certificate in supervisory management