Massy Distribution (Jamaica) Limited is one of the leading distribution companies in Jamaica, having been in existence for over 90 years, representing popular international brands of pharmaceutical and fast moving consumer goods (FMCGs). The company is also a subsidiary of the Caribbean conglomerate Massy Group, which operates businesses in retailing and distribution, energy,manufacturing, real estate, finance, automotive and industrial equipment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Oversee the processing of orders for finished goods and raw materials and the procurement of other goods and services
• Oversee the timely and cost effective shipping and clearance of cargo
• Maintain optimal stock levels
• Ensure conformance to regulatory requirements regarding importation and clearance of goods
• Evaluate suppliers’ performance
Qualification and Job Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain & Logistics Management, or Operations Management
• Certification in procurement or inventory management would be an asset
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience in purchasing/logistics management preferably in a manufacturing/distribution entity at a managerial/ supervisory level
• Excellent Knowledge of Jamaica Customs Regulations
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.