Candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Nationality: Be a citizen of the Commonwealth.
Minimum Professional and Educational Requirements:
- BSc degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Five (5) years’ experience in design, implementation and maintenance of mechanical and electrical engineering systems.
- Candidates who also possess the following would have a distinct advantage
- Knowledge and familiarity with the GOJ Procurement Guidelines.
- Qualifications in Project Management.
- Membership/registration with professional bodies (PERB, JIE, IEEE and PMI).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of high voltage power generation, trans mission, distribution and control systems.
- Design and implementation of electrical, instrumentation and control systems for sewage, water, commercial and residential facilities.
- Design and implementation of standby power systems and uninterruptible power supply (UPS).
- Design and implementation of renewable energy systems.
- Design and implementation of Ventilation &Air Conditioning Systems.
- Knowledge of MEP Services and specifications of Plumbing equipment.
- Proficiency in the use of software packages Microsoft office suite, Microsoft projects, Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD.
- Sound knowledge of the Government Electrical Inspectorate regulations is critical.
- Have an aptitude and desire to assimilate into military life.
- Address application letter to S01 J1 (Pers & Admin), Headquarters, Jamaica Defence Force, Up Park Camp, Kingston 5