Caribbean Producers Jamaica Limited, the leading Food Service Distribution & Manufacturing Company, is actively searching for a candidate to fill the position of User Experience/Interface Developer in Montego Bay.
The User Experience/Interface Developer will be expected to enhance, develop and deliver exceptional user experience solutions across a variety of platforms, offering the best experience and interface possible to end users.
• Work collaboratively across the company to continually improve the quality of work produced
• Create both visual and functional design materials including, but not limited to wireframes, user flows, interactive prototypes, motion comps, website graphics, and branding/marketing materials
• Monitor the development servers and site performance to ensure optimal performance at all times
• To be well presented, outgoing and friendly
• Maintain an awareness of innovations in the creative arena to support new business opportunities
• Design and develop software, applications and websites with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
• Take on Projects and successfully deliver within agreed budgets, time schedules and priorities.
• Assist the IT Support team when support resources are low.
• Implement search engine optimization strategy for the company’s public websites
• Perform usability sessions and interpret market data as you fuse business requirements into functional software, keeping the user as the champion along the way
• Develop and design company web pages including graphics, animation and functionality
• Collaborate with other developers and product managers to design and develop exceptional user interfaces and experiences for in-house software and internal and external websites.
• Utilise the service desk portal to log all user incidents and problems and document outcome and resolutions.
• Ensure change control process is followed for all changes to production systems.
• To assist in the compilation of documentation, guidelines and procedures.
• Undertaking training/self-study to ensure knowledge of all relevant products is maintained.
• Flexibility to work outside of standard office hours to perform tasks on an ad-hoc basis (with prior notice and agreement)
• Successful completion of University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Excellent communication, organization and teamwork skills in a fast-paced setting.
• Must be reliable, responsible and a self-starter.
• Must work effectively with others in a team environment
• ITIL Awareness.
• Knowledge of search engine optimization techniques
• Project Management awareness.
• Knowledge of Agile methodology.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize effectively.
• Conceptualization ability, visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook techniques.
• Experience of working with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and other
• Strong written and verbal communication skills essential.
• Knowledge and experience of various operating systems including Unix/Linux. Windows, Android and IOS.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.